HISTORY

At DeSilva Gates Construction, we trace our roots back to a small Alameda, California based grading and paving company that was founded by Oliver de Silva in the 1932. In 1953 the company was incorporated as Oliver de Silva, Inc. The company made the transition from a small local grading contractor to a major general engineering contractor in the early 80's when we were awarded the construction contract for both approaches to the Dumbarton Bridge over San Francisco Bay. We successfully completed those projects in the late 80?s.

Our success continued in the 80's when Oliver de Silva, Inc. installed the infrastructure improvements for the Hacienda Business Park in Pleasanton and the Ardenwood Business Park in Fremont, California.

Oliver de Silva, Inc. emerged as one of the San Francisco Bay Area's premier general engineering contractors in the late 1980's when we were awarded the contract to complete the Route 580/238 Interchange Project in Castro Valley, California, after the original contractor had defaulted on its contract with the State of California Department of Transportation. This contract was awarded to Oliver de Silva, Inc. primarily due to the fact that we agreed to complete the contract a year and a half sooner than its closest competitor. At the time of its completion, this $43 million dollar contract was the largest ever issued by Caltrans. Oliver de Silva, Inc. received many awards and acclamations for its outstanding effort in completing this major transportation link in record time.

In April 1995, DeSilva Gates Construction was formed to strengthen Oliver de Silva Inc.'s general engineering construction operations. Since its formation, we have expanded operations into the San Jauquin and Sacramento Counties by opening an Asphalt plant in Marysville, a quarry in Ione, a branch office in Natomas, and a field office in Vernalis.

Who We Are| History | Management Team

Copyright © 2009 DeSilva Gates Construction. All rights reserved.